Summer drink ideas when pregnant or breastfeeding
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding the thought of drinks outside in the sun and long summer nights drinking pretty cocktails are quite frankly a bit of a tease.
So when everyone is having a Long Island Iced Tea or a Pimms this summer what will you be drinking?
I’ve never been a big drinker, even before the children but it is nice to have a nice drink sometimes, especially in the summer. I do love a pretty cocktail or a Pimms with a strawberry.
There are other things you can do to feel like you are joining in a bit more this summer. Here are my top tips:
- Whatever soft drink you drink, drink it in a cocktail glass or wine glass – it tastes way better!
- Buy some ‘nice’ juices, something a bit different, last summer I found I really good juice that tasted like a mojito, this year I will be drinking Mello melon juice as I love watermelon
- Make up some yummy non-alcoholic cocktails using a range of juices and syrups
- Pop a raspberry, strawberry, cherry or kiwi on the side of the glass
- Try things like non-alcoholic wines and sparkling juices
If you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding but you know someone who is, make them a nice drink – they will love you for putting some extra effort in.
Let’s hope we have some nice warm weather ahead!