8 Alternative uses for a muslin square
Muslin squares…These are on my top ten of parenting must have items, they are wonderful things! These ones are my favourite, they are larger than the average muslins and come in some gorgeous colours.
Over the last 8.5 years and 4 babies later I’ve got through a lot of muslins but I haven’t just used them for winding my babies and catching that projectile sick over the shoulder.
Here are my other uses for a muslin square:
- Swaddle – the larger ones work very well as a swaddle in the early days with a newborn
- Catch that milk – if you are breastfeeding at night and have the problem of one breast leaking milk when you feed off the other just pop a folded muslin down your top to catch the milk, it saves sleeping in a bra with breast pads
- Cover up – great to use as a summer cover up in a pram, car seat or moses basket
- Use as a bib – once you start weaning they make a great bib
- Face and hands cleaner – a wet muslin is much more effective than any wipes for cleaning dirty hands and faces
- Nose blower – when you have a little nose that won’t stop running these are great for catching snot and much kinder to noses than tissues or wipes
- Ice applicator/cold compress – pop some ice in a muslin and secure with a hair bobble for an effective cold compress
- and when all that is over they make great cleaning cloths!