Bonfire Night: Part two
We love bonfire night at Mummy Fever …how about trying this out?
- 8 large sausages
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Lyle’s golden Syrup
- 225g ready–rolled puff pastry
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Sesame seeds
- Red and orange Pepper
Method:1. Fry or grill the sausages until golden all over. Cool. Heat the oven to 220C/200Cfan/ gas 7.
2. Insert a wooden skewer through each sausage. Place on a plate. Mix together the soy sauce and Lyle’s Golden Syrup and brush over the sausages.
3. Unwrap one sheet of pastry and cut into 8 strips from the shorter end. Wrap around the sausages in a spiral, taking care not to stretch the pastry, place on a baking sheet and brush with egg glaze then sprinkle with sesame seeds.Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
4. Cut each pepper in half then cut out triangles and insert them in the tips of the skewers. You may like to insert a further longer wooden barbecue skewer to make the spirals look more like rockets.
This recipe was made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup – the iconic tin with delicious liquid gold inside. For further delicious recipes visit http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com/kitchen.php