Last Christmas (2020), in a bid to keep things exciting despite the disruption caused by COVID-19, I introduced a couple of new family traditions, Christmas Bedding and a Christmas Book Advent Calendar – both things I’ve been meaning to do for years. Both of these went down really well, so I will be repeating them again this year.
In terms of the book advent calendar, it’s really straightforward, a Christmas-themed book a day, every day from 1st December to 24th December, at least that is how I do it.
The beauty is you can use many of the same books every year, taking out a few that are too young and introducing a few new ones each time, as it’s only once a year, there is no chance of children getting bored of the stories and it all helps build the Christmas excitement and magic.
Here are some of the books I will be including this year. Our favourites include: The Night Before Christmas and the Christmas Stick Man.
The four new books I will be adding into the mix this year are these titles from Quarto Kids. We haven’t read any of these before so these will be great additions. Having looked through these I love Croc-O’clock! Initially I thought this couldn’t be a Christmas story but the beauty of this book is that you can sing it to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas – utter genius!!!
Now on to the competition! If you fancy making your own book advent calendar this year, or just fancy a few winter reads with your children enter my competition below.
I’m giving away a set of the above books to one lucky Mummy Fever reader and you will not be disappointed, if you love to curl up with your children and create some Christmas magic, these books are for you.
Just enter the easy widget below – UK entrants only please – GOOD LUCK!*WIN* A Set of Kids Christmas Books
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Giveaway will run until 4th December 2021.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Mummy Fever. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Quarto who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date.
- The winner will be informed via email.
- Failure to respond within two days may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name may be displayed on this blog post.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.