Eggs baked in buffalo tomato
I’ve been reading about the benefits of eating lots of eggs recently and have been consequently trying lots of different things with eggs. Eggs have been described as a superfood because they contain a little bit of everything our bodies need. On top of that, they are cheap, easy to prepare and incredibly versatile.
Baked eggs are a favourite at the moment and the other night I experimented with eggs baked in a buffalo tomato.
What to do:
- Scoop out the inside of the tomatoes
- You could use this in something else for another night or perhaps a spicy salsa?
- Dab the inside of the tomatoes with a piece of kitchen towel to soak up any excess juice
- Line each tomato with spinach leaves
- Crack an egg carefully into each tomato
- Top with a thin slice of mozzarella
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes on about 180
Do you like eggs ? How do you like them? Any unusual recipes to share?