I’ve been reading about the benefits of eating lots of eggs recently and have been consequently trying lots of different things with eggs. Eggs have been described as a superfood because they contain a little bit of everything our bodies need. On top of that, they are cheap, easy to prepare and incredibly versatile.
Baked eggs are a favourite at the moment and the other night I experimented with eggs baked in a buffalo tomato.
What to do:
- Scoop out the inside of the tomatoes
- You could use this in something else for another night or perhaps a spicy salsa?
- Dab the inside of the tomatoes with a piece of kitchen towel to soak up any excess juice
- Line each tomato with spinach leaves
- Crack an egg carefully into each tomato
- Top with a thin slice of mozzarella
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes on about 180
Do you like eggs ? How do you like them? Any unusual recipes to share?