What are your favourite festive movies to watch as a family? Do you have one movie that you watch every year or do you vary it each Christmas?
Festive fun for all the family
Here are a few of our favourites to watch as a family you can get hold of all of these here:
MIRACLE ON 34TH ST (DVD)
This is a really heart-warming Christmas movie. This one is the modern one (1994), a re-make of the old black and white original Miracle on 34th Street (1947). Children and adults should love this movie, it beautifully conveys the message that when you loved someone enough, anything is possible. We love the cast in this version of the movie.
HOME ALONE FAMILY FUN EDITION (DVD)
Home Alone is one of the movies we watch as a family every Christmas without fail. This family fun edition has some really cool extras including: Fun Featurrettes; The Making of Home Alone; How to Burglar proof your home; The stunts of Home Alone etc.
The children always find the part when he puts aftershave on his face hilarious. The only problem with watching Home Alone is it ALWAYS triggers the boys to set traps around the house for the rest of us!
JINGLE ALL THE WAY (DVD)
Jingle All The Way is no ‘classic’ Christmas movie in my opinion – however, it is easy to watch and very funny, meaning it’s perfect for the whole family this time of year. The ‘magic’ of this, is, in fact in its easy watching.
DECK THE HALLS (DVD)
This holiday comedy is centred around two neighbours who go to war when one of them decides to decorate his house with a so many Christmas lights that they are visible from space. The neighbourhood is turned upside down as the families try to discover the true meaning of Christmas.
This is a corny Christmas movie that brings a good feel-good factor.
A CHRISTMAS CAROL
George C. Scott plays the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge in this version of the Dickens Christmas classic. Scrooge is a misanthrope unimpressed by the fuss everyone makes during the festive season. That is, until his sleep is disturbed one Christmas Eve by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future, each of which takes him on a journey which helps him to open his heart to his fellow man and to thereby learn the joy of Christmas. Filmed entirely on location in the historic town of Shrewsbury.
An old one but a total classic – everyone should watch this movie!
We have a set of these fun family movies to giveaway. This is a RT to Win Competition hosted on Twitter. The tweet is embedded below for your convenience.
Good luck and Merry Christmas!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Giveaway will run until December 20th.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Mummy Fever. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Fetch PR , who are responsible for sending out the prizes.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date.
- The winner will be informed via Twitter.
- The prize includes free UK delivery.
- Failure to respond within two days may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name may be displayed on this blog post.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions
FEATURED ON SUPERLUCKYME
This is a collaborative post.