When you have a busy morning and lots of other people to organise, get dressed and get out of the door, it can be hard to remember to have breakfast yourself, let alone find the time to eat it.
Before you know it, it’s closer to lunchtime than breakfast and there are a whole set of other things to do. Busy parents need something quick and tasty but healthy too.
If you struggle with this you could try:
- On-the-go drinks like Actimel
- Breakfast biscuits
- Making a hot drink whilst making breakfast for the family, popping it in a flask and taking it on the school run or the drive to work
- Easy to eat things like a banana or apple
- Making an extra slice of toast and wrapping it in tin foil for when you get a minute to eat it
- Making a tray of granola at the weekend and chopping it up to eat on the go in the week (details coming soon)
We have recently come across Cuckoo – this is perfectly suited to modern families with an alternative take on traditional Bircher muesli.
Inspired by the century-old Swiss recipe for Bircher muesli and the wholesome Alpine lifestyle, Cuckoo combines tradition with pioneering flavour combinations and contrasting, complementary textures.
From a range of five, including Elderflower & Cranberry, Choco Sour Cherry and Mango & Coconut, the on-the-go pots are designed to be enjoyed at any time: not just for breakfast.
With an average of 280 calories per 190g single-serve pot, Cuckoo Bircher muesli is low-GI and a great source of fibre and protein, making it the perfect way to start the day, an ideal afternoon pick-me-up or a wholesome dessert option. So that 4pm low can be sorted out as well as breakfast!
These are great because they are ready mixed pots, so just peel back the lid and munch away. If you don’t have time and are heading to work, you could take one of these and a spoon with you.
The Cuckoo Bircher muesli selection comprises five flavours, all RRP £1.99 for a 190g single-serve pot:
- Mango & Coconut, with a tropical twist of lime and ginger *Winner of a Great Taste Award
- Apple & Cinnamon Spice, with plump and juicy flame raisins *Winner of a Great Taste Award
- Elderflower & Cranberry, with a blueberry and blackcurrant compote
- Choco Sour Cherry, with a smooth layer of Madagascan vanilla
- Apricot & Madagascan Vanilla, with a tangy raspberry compote
How do you manage breakfast? Do you make sure you always eat in the morning or do you struggle?