When you are pregnant or breastfeeding the thought of drinks outside in the sun and long summer nights drinking pretty cocktails are quite frankly a bit of a tease.
So when everyone is having a Long Island Iced Tea or a Pimms this summer what will you be drinking?
I’ve never been a big drinker, even before the children but it is nice to have a nice drink sometimes, especially in the summer. I do love a pretty cocktail or a Pimms with a strawberry.
There are other things you can do to feel like you are joining in a bit more this summer. Here are my top tips:
- Whatever soft drink you drink, drink it in a cocktail glass or wine glass – it tastes way better!
- Buy some ‘nice’ juices, something a bit different, last summer I found I really good juice that tasted like a mojito, this year I will be drinking Mello melon juice as I love watermelon
- Make up some yummy non-alcoholic cocktails using a range of juices and syrups
- Pop a raspberry, strawberry, cherry or kiwi on the side of the glass
- Try things like non-alcoholic wines and sparkling juices
If you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding but you know someone who is, make them a nice drink – they will love you for putting some extra effort in.
Let’s hope we have some nice warm weather ahead!