Are you hoping to lose some weight in time for the summer sun…assuming we have some at some point that is?
Weight Watchers is launching a month-long tour of the UK to back its campaign to show how eating our favourite foods and feeling healthy is possible.
In response to research showing that half of all women confess to having little knowledge on which foods they should choose when adopting a healthy eating routine or wanting to lose weight , Weight Watchers is bringing its pop-up Feel Good Café to Brixton’s Windrush Square between 4th – 6th June to launch its tour.
Showing Brits they don’t have to give up the food they love, Weight Watchers will be serving up a menu of tempting and satisfying dishes and snacks for any time of the day.
Feel Good Café diners can tuck into three different meals from this scrumptious menu, which has been created using Weight Watchers products available to buy in supermarkets:
Tempting sausage sandwich served on thick wholemeal bread
Crunchy Love Fibre cereal
Mouth-watering quiche, a British favourite
Summertime cheese salad sandwich on thick wholemeal bread
Guilt-free mini chocolate roll
Delectable salted caramel ice cream sundae
Exotic Chicken Katsu Curry
Comforting Macaroni Cheese
The Brixton pop-up café will also feature a ‘selfie station’ for taking ‘feel good’ snaps with friends and family. Visitors will be asked to upload their picture with the hashtag #feelgood and invited to share how Weight Watchers has helped them feel today. Every social share through the Feel Good Café competition site will be entered into a prize draw to win 1 of 100 hampers filled with Weight Watchers goodies.
Feel good for summer with Weight Watchers’ top ten tips
- Be inspired: ‘It may be an old photo or a quote but put this in a place such as on the fridge or on your phone where it will always inspire you and remind you of your goal.
- Get support: Do it with a friend. Buddy up with a fellow member or, for extra Leader advice, experts are on hand 24/7 with the new Weight Watchers Expert Chat at weightwatchers.co.uk
- Track: Try mix-and-match menu plan makes it easy to stay in control, but you still need to track. When you say ‘I’ll take a treat from my weekly allowance,’ make sure you do!
- Sip smart: Our body weight is two-thirds fluid, which means staying hydrated is key to staying healthy. Aim to drink 6–8 glasses (1.2 litres) of fluid per day – a great choice is water
- Get fruity: Fruit is not just essential for health, it’s also a great hunger- busting back-up if it’s a bit too early for lunch. With zero ProPoints values, there’s no reason not to munch!
- Be kit wise: An expensive price tag doesn’t necessarily make a pair of trainers the best ones out there. Do your research and ask a shop assistant for a proper fitting to ensure a correct fit
- Jot it down: Don’t have time to exercise? Then make time. Putting a regular slot in your journal to follow the fitness part of the plan will help you break through the time barrier
- Measure up: Jot down your waist, hip and leg measurements each week. Inches lost and your changing body shape will also spur you on
- Treat yourself: Banning foods will only make you want them more so treat yourself on your days off. Banish the kids, turn off your phone and savour it.
- Celebrate your wins: For each goal, whether it be an extra set of squats or losing a few pounds, share your great news with family or friends so they can keep you motivated.
The Weight Watchers Feel Good Café will be at Windrush Square Brixton, London between 4th – 6th June, for more information visit: weightwatchersfoods.co.uk.
If you can’t make it down to Windrush Square, tweet Weight Watchers at @ww_uk or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weightwatchersuk for another chance to win a Weight Watchers hamper.
The Feel Good Café will be in the following locations this summer:
Windrush Square, Brixton: 4th – 6th June
Queen Victoria Statue, Manchester: 11th – 14th June
Dortmund Square, Leeds: 19th – 21st June
Victoria Square, Birmingham: 24th – 27th June