Rice cakes … do you love them or hate them?
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with these. Last night when my smallest little man was gobbling them down, I loved them. This morning, when I realised he had 2.5 of them stuck to his bottom and the other 0.5 was in my hair on the school run, I was not so much of a rice cake fan!
Why we love them:
- They are a great weaning snack for babies
- They are great for developing the pincer grip in babies
- They are a healthy snack for toddlers
- The big kids even ASK if they can eat them as well
- They are low fat
- They come in lots of tasty flavours
- Many of the ones aimed at babies and children are organic
- They come is large-ish bags and you can buy them in bulk from Amazon
Why we hate them:
- They stick to clothes
- They jump and land in your hair
- They break up into small bits you are still finding days later
- They are so lightweight you can be wearing almost an entire pack and not realise
- The blueberry ones stain little faces
- No matter how many you buy, there are never enough in the house
Where do you sit with rice cakes?