The Mummy Fever Manifesto
It occurs to me that manifestos exist in order to keep political parties and other bodies from straying from their initial intentions – a declaration of intentions and motives.
I think motherhood has taught me that it is important to have in the back of your mind the type of parent you are striving to be.
We all have days when we deviate briefly from the plan but in general my Mummy Manifesto is simple:
- Trust your instincts
- Make it up as you go along
- Understand that perfection is not practical…or possible
- Know that the right way is the one that works
- Ignore 95% of the advice others give you
- Realise that sleep is overrated
- Laugh at yourself
- Savour each moment
- Take LOADS of photos
- Play, love, encourage, cuddle, kiss and tickle