Parents know that travelling with children can be a real challenge sometimes. My general approach is ‘be prepared for anything’. You never know when you’ll need an emergency pair of trousers, pack of baby wipes, favourite toy or Calpol. ANYTHING is possible when travelling with children.
Keeping things fun
I’ve said before that I always pack a ‘busy bag’ for each of the children when we go away. Nothing fancy, just a bag full of bits and bobs that will keep them occupied, along with some tasty snacks and an emergency change of clothes.
Now we are out of the baby and toddler years, I always pack travel games. With four children everyone always has someone to play with, and often they will all end up playing together, which is fab!
Are we nearly there yet?
We are fairly lucky in that all the children travel pretty well. They’ve all travelled quite a lot and quite big distances in the car, on trains and planes.
Despite this, we inevitably get that question “are we nearly there yet?” on occasions. Distracting them with a game can be really helpful.
Lonely Planet have a great little, easy to pack game box called ‘Games on the Go‘, containing a mix of spotting games, drawing challenges, word searches and more, this small box of fun, fill-in puzzles will keep everyone entertained on short and long journeys.
A must-pack addition on any family trip, Games on the Go fits easily into hand luggage or a car’s glove compartment. Comes with 40 wipe-clean cards and a dry-erase pen – ideal for keeping entertained on the go!
There’s enough variety to keep everyone happy and games suitable for a range of ages too.
- Road trip bingo
- Turning fingerprints into colourful friends
- Amazon rainforest-themed crossword
- Wildlife watching
- Drawing suitcase contents
- Dingbats and puzzles
- Drawing favourite meals
- Making star constellations
- Designing flags
- Noughts and crosses
- Drawing city skylines
If you’ve got a trip coming up with your own children listen up because we have three of these packs of games to give away to Mummy Fever readers.
Just complete the easy widget blow.
Good luck!Win 1 of 3 sets of Lonely Planet ‘Games on the Go’
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Giveaway will run until May 22nd.
- There are three prizes to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Mummy Fever. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Lonely Planet, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winners will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date.
- The winners will be informed by email.
- The prize includes free UK delivery.
- Failure to respond within two days may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s names will be displayed on this blog post.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions