While you were sleeping little one I took the opportunity to catch up on some of the things I had not had a chance to do whilst I was playing with you and your siblings, feeding you all or dashing around from one big kid activity to the next.
While you were sleeping little one:
- I cooked grown up dinner
- I ironed
- I vacuumed
- I picked up your discarded food from the floor
- I tidied your siblings crafts away
- I put washing in the machine
- I emptied the dishwasher and refilled it
- I caught up on some work
For at least some of that time I should have just watched you sleeping.
I should know better.
I should know that your siblings have grown and changed so fast that you will not be tiny forever.
- Your fingers and toes will soon be bigger.
- Soon you will be walking on your own.
- Soon you will be joining in the games your brothers and sister play.
- Soon there will be no more babies for mummy. You are my last baby.
So tomorrow while you are sleeping I will be watching you.
I will be looking at your tiny fingers and toes. Watching your chest rise and fall and memorising all of your features.
You have all grown too fast and every time I blink I miss something.