One of the things I love about being a parent is choosing wonderful books for my children. These days we are totally spoilt for gorgeous books with stunning illustrations.
All my boys love books and I think I probably love children’s books more than grown up books. It’s going to be a sad day when I finally have to admit they don’t want to read Going on a Bear Hunt again, or The Gruffalo.
Three of my personal favourite on the list are:
Pole to Pole: A Flip Book
This book has stunning illustrations and flips over so you can explore both the environment of the North and South Pole.
Why not take a trip to the ends of the earth and discover the extreme environments of the North and South Poles. Find out which animals live where, what the weather and climate is like and the effect global warming is having. My youngest child loves to find out fascinating facts, so he is going to love this book.
Do you know what an ice floe is? You will do when you’ve read this book! The many uses of the Arctic are also explained, from the home it provides to whale hunters to the rocket and missile test sites it houses. Then flip the book over and you arrive in the South Pole – magic!
Sub-glacial lakes and ice chimneys of the Antarctic are brought to life in all their impressive glory, not to mention the sea spiders, ‘death star’ starfish and other undersea giants! You will be so well informed when you’ve ready this book.
12 Days of Christmas
For a beautiful traditional Christmas read with your children in the run up to the big day, this book is pure joy.
What I love most about this book is the section at the end where it explains all about the traditional carol and where it originates from. France in the 1700s – did you know that? Then an English composer put it to music. There is then a further section right at the end of the book where children are asked to spot all the things from the song in the picture.
This is the ultimate dinosaur book for any dinosaur lover. We have some wonderful dinosaur books, but this one is on a different level.
You get a magic 3 colour lens to use when reading this book. Your green lens reveals a location, spanning 9 ancient land masses across millions of years. Learn how these places transformed over time to become the habitats of the most spectacular life on Earth.
Your red lens brings to life the mightiest beasts ever to walk the planet: the dinosaurs. Meet a T. rex up close, run with packs of velociraptors and marvel at the gigantic brachiosaurus as you discover how these animals came to rule the Earth.
Your blue lens uncovers the wildlife that lived alongside and after the dinosaurs, including monstrous dragonflies, woolly mammoths and fungi taller than trees.
Fact pages fill in the details and guide you through a world bursting with life and colour. There are other books in this series, for the body, the world, nature etc. Well worth a look, these would make a gorgeous gift.
Now the exciting bit…I have a bundle of these books to give away to one lucky Mummy Fever reader. Just complete the easy widget below.Win a bundle of Children’s Books
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Giveaway will run until October 25th 2020.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Mummy Fever. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Quarto, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date.
- The winner will be informed via email.
- Failure to respond within two days may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name may be displayed on this blog post.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
FEATURED ON SUPERLUCKYME
This is a collaborative post.