Welcome to part two of our series on winter family fun. I love winter, the frost and snow, Christmas time, wrapping up warm, drinking mulled wine and hot chocolate. There always seem to be lots of wonderful things to do as a family in the winter, and we love the magic of this time of year.
One of the fantastic things that is happening for families this winter is:
Parker’s Piece, Parkside, Cambridge, CB2 1AA
Opens on 20th November 2015 – 4th January 2016
Tickets on sale NOW
The North Pole Cambridge Christmas Festival is back and back in style, giving you the opportunity to get into the spirit of Christmas throughout the festive season. Featuring an icy extravaganza in the heart of the city centre, this annual festival is centred around a stunning 600m open-air ice rink, great for a fun filled day out with family & friends. Experience interactive side stalls and let them bring out the big kid in you with their traditional fair. Equipped with gifts, children will get their chance to meet Santa and one of his Elves in Santa’s Throne Room. The festival is made for all to enjoy so no matter what, there is something for everyone.
Let’s have a look and see what’s on offer:
ICE SKATING: Get your skates on this winter and enjoy one of the UK’s most stylish open-air ice rinks, nestled amongst the trees in Parkers Piece Park in the heart of Cambridge.
SANTA’S THRONE ROOM: Visit Santa’s Throne Room, where children will be greeted by Santa and one of his Elves, who will be ready with a special gift.
YE OLDE TRADITIONAL ENGLISH MARKET: A traditional market featuring craft gifts, including locally sourced jewellery, novelty toys, home-made arts & crafts, candles and handmade ceramic Christmas decorations. Perfect for an authentic Christmas gift.
ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR: A traditional fair, from carousels to slides and dodgem cars; enjoy: Bungee, Penguin Boats, Santa’s Toys, Plans, Avalanche, Helter Skelter, Santa’s Slay, Snow Storm, Carousel, Polar Express, Dodgems, Slide, Star Flyer, Ferris Wheel and Formula ONE.
UNDERCOVER ALPINE CABIN BAR: Keep cosy in the Alpine Cabin Bar open daily, serving mulled wine & festive cocktails. At the weekend the bar will be home to live music and an open mic segment.
FESTIVE FOOD: Throughout the skating season, The North Pole will be bring you a mouth-watering array of festive food from the authentic German Swing Grill, traditional German sausage and bratwurst to festive turkey & chicken stuffing rolls, crepes, donuts, hot chocolate & marshmallows.
How to book tickets:
Ice Skating – adults peak time price £10.95 children £7.95, PLUS concessions & season tickets available. Fairground rides: from £2.00, Santa’s Throne Room from £6.50
To book tickets & explore The North Pole Cambridge, head to www.thenorthpolecambridge.co.uk
We have teamed up with The North Pole Cambridge Christmas Festival this season and got our hands on 3 sets of family tickets to skate on the stunning ice rink. If you fancy it – just enter the easy widget below! Good Luck!
Terms and Conditions:
- Code is valid for one ‘Family Ticket’ only and not 4 individual tickets.
- Tickets must be booked online prior to attending. Codes will not be accepted at the box office
- Sessions start at every hour on the hour
- Each skating session is 45mins long. Ticket holders will not be permitted to continue skating once their allocated session is over.
- You’ll need to arrive at least 15 minutes before your skate session
- Tickets cannot be cancelled, resold, exchanged, refunded or transferred. To do so or to alter or deface any ticket will render it void. It is the patron’s responsibility to check his or her tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- All customers that ice skate or enter any part of the venue at their own risk and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage other than death or personal injury arising from the Promoter’s negligence.
- Skate hire is included in your ticket price, but feel free to bring your own.
- Ice Rink Minimum Age Policy – The minimum age requirement for any customer to use the ice rink is 3 years and over. Children 12 years and under must be accompanied by an Adult/Guardian. The promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to the ice rink for any customer under this age requirement.
Full T&Cs can be found here