I do love a good family festival – how about you?
The Shrewsbury Food Festival will return in June for its 7th year, with 200 exhibitors, a bigger, better BBQ area, demonstrations, chef school, live music and lots of fun activities for kids. The festival was attended by around 30,000 people last year. We’ve never been to this one but it sounds fab!
Paying homage to the history-steeped town, there will be an all new medieval village showcasing food through the ages – I’d love to see that!
Another new addition to the festival this year will be a ‘free from’ area, reflecting the food industry’s recent proliferation in that market. As well as meat-free, there will be gluten free, wheat free, dairy free and host of other food themed alternatives. As someone with a wheat intolerance I’m so pleased to hear that. The exhibitors will be showcasing a range of exciting products that are free from but still taste filled.
Shropshire Festivals founder, Beth Heath, comments, “Shrewsbury Food Festival is a day for everyone – young or old, foodie or just fond of food – and now for the first time ever, we are introducing a dedicated free from area. We hope this means everyone will feel catered for, and that it pushes the experiences of everyone to try foods that have been produced in new and exciting ways, to meet the growing demand for free from products.
“We are also excited to step back in time with our medieval village and discover some new food stories from days of the past. The food festival evolves every year and we hope everyone joins us for a fantastic weekend of food and fun this June.”
As always there will be something for the whole family at the festival, with a dedicated kid’s zone, under 5’s play area, craft activities and sports. Children will be encouraged to engage with the journey of food and learn about the wonderful, local food producers along the way. The Dogs Trust will kindly be providing a dog creche to give attendees a free hour to browse, whilst the dogs have a play date!
Shrewsbury Food Festival will be held on the 29th and 30th June at Shrewsbury Quarry and around the town centre. Tickets are selling fast – purchase yours now at shrewsburyfoodfestival.co.uk
Now the really exciting part! We’ve got a family ticket to give away to one lucky Mummy Fever reader. You and your family (2 adults and up to 3 children) could choose one of the days to attend this fantastic family-friendly festival.
To enter, just complete the easy widget below.WIN a family ticket to Shrewsbury Food Festival
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Giveaway will run until June 9th.
- There is one prize to be won.
- Winner may choose which one of the two days they wish to attend.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Mummy Fever. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Shropshire Festivals, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date.
- The winner will be informed by email.
- Failure to respond within two days may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on this blog post.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions