I have had long hair for most of my life.
I had long hair as a child and bar a moment of madness aged 10, when I had it cut in a bob, it got longer and longer.
With each pregnancy it grew and grew and after baby number four arrived it was down to the backs of my knees.
A little long perhaps?
Anyway, after heading for a trim the hairdresser got a little excited and took quite a bit off. At least now I can have it down and not get wrapped around everything and everyone I am in contact with, and like the hairdresser said “it’s still long by normal standards”.
My top tips for caring for long hair are:
- brush it lots – especially before bed
- use a tangle teaser brush or similar
- make sure you brush from all angles as knots can be hidden
- use a good shampoo and conditioner like DGJ Organics and pick the correct products for your hair type
- brush your hair through with shampoo on and rinse
- brush your hair through with conditioner on and rinse
- use argan oil once a week in the ends of your hair
- towel dry hair, re-brush and towel dry again (saves drying time)
- blow dry in stages to avoid overheating the hairdryer
- use dry shampoo in-between washes to avoid doing all the above everyday!
- avoid using hair bobbles as they leave a nasty ridge in your hair, use large clips instead to keep hair out of the way when you are busy
- if you run, plait hair as simply putting it in a pony tail will cause hair to rub and get matted during exercise.