Halloween is a great time to get creative and have some fun with your costume and those for the children of course – but if you’re on a budget, don’t worry. There are plenty of low-cost DIY Halloween costumes that you can make yourself.
Here are a few ideas:
- Ghost: This classic ghost costume is super easy to make. All you need is a white sheet and a pair of scissors. Cut two holes for your eyes and you’re all set!
- Mummy: Another easy classic costume. Wrap yourself in white toilet paper and add some black makeup for a spooky effect.
- Witch: To make a witch costume, all you need is a black dress, a hat, and a broom. You can also add some accessories, such as a wand, a cauldron, or even a cat!
- Cat: To make a cat costume, all you need is a black outfit and some face paint. Draw on some whiskers and a nose, and you’re good to go!
- Vampire: To make a vampire costume, all you need is a black outfit, a pair of fangs, and some fake blood. You can also add a cape and a coffin for a more dramatic effect.
- Zombie: To make a zombie costume, all you need is some old clothes and some makeup. Tear and rip your clothes, and add some green and black makeup to your face to give yourself a zombie look.
- Pirate: To make a pirate costume, all you need is a black outfit, a bandana, and an eye patch. You can also add a sword and a hook for a more authentic look.
- Superhero: To make a superhero costume, all you need is a plain outfit and some fabric paint. Cut out a superhero symbol and iron it onto your outfit. You can also add a cape and a mask.
- Villain: To make a villain costume, all you need is a plain outfit and some fabric paint. Cut out a villain symbol and iron it onto your outfit. You can also add a cape and a mask.
These are just a few ideas for low-cost DIY Halloween costumes. Get creative and come up with your own unique costume!
Here are a few additional tips for making low-cost DIY Halloween costumes:
- Use what you have. Look around your house for items that you can use to create your costume. Look at your old clothes and bedding for starters.
- Check out the charity shops. Charity shops are a great place to find inexpensive clothes and accessories for your costume. You can also find props and other items that you can use to complete your look. Lots of charity shops sell Halloween costumes this time of year too, so you could pick an actual costume up for a couple of pounds.
- Be creative. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your costume. There are no rules when it comes to DIY Halloween costumes. The more unique and original your costume is, the more fun you’ll have!
Have fun creating your low-cost DIY Halloween costume! Remember – the cost of the costume doesn’t equal the fun you and your children will have!
If you are looking for Halloween items, check out Bargainia, use code MUMMYFEVER at the checkout for 15% off.
*This article contains affiliate links*