Have you heard about the recent discovery of the Rutland Sea Dragon? There was a great deal of excitement in our house when this was discovered.
In case you missed – the discovery of the #RutlandSeaDragon was headline news recently- it’s the largest Ichthyosaur skeleton EVER discovered in Britain, and its subsequent excavation was covered in the BBC 2 show “Digging for Britain”. With all this excitement about prehistoric creatures here in the UK, it’s a great time to start introducing children to prehistoric life starting with the spread on Seaside Swatches below – here you can find the Ichthyosaur in its non-skeletal form in the bottom right corner!
In addition to this, there is a wonderful new book out – Kaleidoscope of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life, a new children’s book out now by Paleo-artist Greer Stothers, that considers what dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures might actually have looked like.
Alongside the Ichthyosaur, discovery what we can learn about prehistoric creatures from ancient aboriginal artwork? Also what millions-year-old remains can tell us about how these animals lived. All in a kaleidoscopic, beautifully illustrated package!
This book is truly stunning. The perfect addition to your child’s bookshelf this year.
If you know a dinosaur fan who would enjoy this book, just enter the easy widget below to be in with a chance of winning a copy. UK entrants only please.*WIN* A copy of Kaleidoscope of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Giveaway will run until March 17th 2022.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only.
- Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Data controller for the purposes of this giveaway is Mummy Fever. Your details will not be used for any other purpose than selecting/informing a winner.
- Winner’s details will be passed to Quarto Kids, who are responsible for sending out the prize.
- All entries will be checked.
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries after the closing date.
- The winner will be informed via email.
- Failure to respond within two days may result in a new winner being drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name may be displayed on this blog post.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.