With so many food options and leisure activities, people have plenty of choices to make their lifestyle good or bad. Nowadays, people are consuming genetically modified foods and preservatives due to which many cardiovascular diseases arise. With the increasing number of heart problems throughout the world, many people have responded by become fitness enthusiasts. Yet, we still have an obesity problem – Being overweight is not good for the the heart.
There are a number of cardiovascular diseases that can be experienced by any person during a lifetime. They include:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Atrial fibrillation in which blood clots are developed in the blood vessels
Superfoods for a healthy heart
Some natural vegetables and fruits are good for the condition of the heart, like:
- Chia seeds – good for the heart as they contain omega-3 fatty acids which is the highest in any plant based food
- Quinoa – a gluten-free whole grain enriched with all nine amino acids.
- Green tea – acts as an anti-oxidant and helps reduce the chances of a heart disease.
- Fish – excellent for the heart and must be incorporated in meals frequently
- Berries – all kinds, like blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or raspberries, helps in keeping the blood pressure under control.
- Kidney beans – not only keep the kidneys in working condition but also helps improves the blood circulation throughout the body
- Avocado – a superfood which reduces the risk of heart disease and keeps the heart in a proper working condition
Ways improve your heart health
There are plenty of options to keep your heart in a healthy state. Some tips are as follows:
- Eat less sugar
Yes, that’s right. Processed sugar is extremely dangerous for the overall health as it may alleviate blood glucose levels due to which too much sugar builds up in the blood stream causing difficulty for the red blood cells to circulate throughout the body. There is a higher chance of getting blood clots if you consume excess sugar – prescription medicines like Xarelto are prescribed to keep blood clots from forming. The generic Xarelto price can be found on the website of 90daymeds.
Exercise is the most cost effective and useful method of keeping the heart in a healthy state. It does not require any expensive instruments or medicines. Just a 20 minute workout routine is enough to keep the heart pumping.
- Limit saturated fats
Saturated fats are found in butter, ghee, margarine and fatty meats. They are harmful for the condition of the heart as they increase the cholesterol levels resulting in decreased heart function.
- Avoid being overweight
Try to keep your weight according to your height. Being overweight can also lead to diabetes along with cardiovascular diseases.
- Cut down on salt
High salt consumption may lead to high blood pressure. This means that the heart pumps blood faster than usual so to keep the heart rate under control, you must cut down on salt.