If you are a regular reader of the blog you will know that we spent a long weekend away at Camp Bestival at the end of July.
Having had some time now to reflect, I wanted to try and get to the bottom of the benefits the children all gained from that four days.
It’s a tricky process in all honesty as there was just so much they enjoyed and so much that captured their imagination.
- They gained the freedom to run outside the tent in the morning and evening, feeling the grass between their toes as they played
- They gained the opportunity to build friendships with other children from the proximity of the neighbours tents
- They benefited from hearing live music and watching shows and the atmosphere that brings with it
- Our eldest had the opportunity to meet one of her idols, Jess Glynne
- The two older children benefited from the experience of singing for three days on a large stage to a live audience with a microphone
- All the children benefited from the sensory experience Camp Bestival provides, the colours, the sounds, all the things to touch, and experiencing new tastes
- Lizzie’s Way provided the chance for fun, messy play that had so many learning opportunities – the children had so many opportunities for role play, sensory play and discovery we could have spent the entire time just in there
- They benefited from holding and stroking animals
- They benefited in terms of skill development, from the opportunity to use tools such as hammers and saws
- They developed their circus skills and came home with new talents they want to pursue
- They broadened their experiences
- They widened their knowledge in science workshops
- And further increased their sense of adventure, challenging themselves both physically and mentally
All that in four days…
It really is a special place. The learning was limitless and the fun endless.