The last 12 months have been so different to what people of the world are used to. I do think however that many lessons have been learnt during this time. What have you learnt?
Researchers have polled the nation to discover the life lessons we have learned during the challenges of the last twelve months, with as many as 95 percent agreeing that recent events have taught them many valuable lessons.
The importance of family emerged as the most important, with almost half (46 percent) claiming they now truly appreciate their loved ones. The list makes for interesting reading. How many from the list below do you agree with?
For me, appreciating the simply things has been huge and the importance of nature. Looking at the list though, I’m rather concerned about the number of people who weren’t washing their hands properly pre-COVID!
TOP 30 LESSONS LEARNED OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS
- The importance of family – 46 percent
- Our NHS is the best in the world – 40 percent
- To not take anything for granted – 38 percent
- To appreciate the simple things in life – 37 percent
- Kindness goes a long way – 34 percent
- Kids are more resilient than you think – 32 percent
- Online shopping is a god-send – 31 percent
- The importance of freedom – 30 percent
- The importance of nature – 29 percent
- That it is ok to ask for help – 28 percent
- That we can get through anything if we stick together – 27 percent
- Family film nights are essential – 27 percent
- Friendships mean everything – 27 percent
- The importance of telling people you love them – 27 percent
- To slow down – 26 percent
- That patience really is a virtue – 25 percent
- How hard teachers and nursery staff work – 24 percent
- How to wash your hands properly – 23 percent
- That leggings are a wardrobe essential – 22 percent
- To not sweat the small stuff – 21 percent
- A cup of tea really does make things better – 21 percent
- Primary school maths is harder than it looks – 21 percent
- It is possible to watch more than one Netflix series at once – 21 percent
- You do not have to wear make up every day – 18 percent
- Cutting hair is harder than it looks – 18 percent
- You do not need to be in the office to be productive – 17 percent
- The joy of leftover lunches – 10 percent
- Having grey roots is no big deal – 9 percent
- The beauty of birdsong – 9 percent
- How to make perfect roast potatoes – 7 percent
How many of these would feature on your list?